30 Days: Programming (Start)

In 2014 I put together a video that was made up of one second of footage everyday. It was quite a project to undertake, finding something to film everyday was mentally draining at times.
I decided not to undertake a big project like that in 2015 and instead spent the year focusing on career change (which could be a post all on its own).
Now that 2016 is here, I felt like undertaking another big personal project. I have been inspired by Matt Cutts' 30 Day Challenge ethos, where he commits to trying a new thing for 30 days at a time. What I like about the idea is that it gives me the excuse to actually start checking off my bucket list instead of having it grow infinitely larger.
For my first 30 days I'm going to sit down and teach myself Python programming. It's something I've been meaning to do for a very long time but haven't actually sat down and committed to it.
I've decided to use codecademy to learn from. The way in which it tracks progress is nice and it's web based meaning I should be able to sneak in quick sessions wherever I can get to a browser.
I'm hoping to put together a wrap-up post at the end of the 30 days to share how it all went. See you then!